The HXB15 Connectors, featuring expanded beam technology, hermaphroditic connection, rugged construction for field deployment and hybrid configurability, have been designed for harsh environment applications such as military tactical communications, avionics, offshore systems, outside broadcast, mining and plant.
The expanded beam technology uses expanded and collimated beams to couple optical fibers without any contact. It could allow for optics to be used in areas that have been quite restrictive due to presence of damage or contamination at the fiber end. Hermaphroditic connector design enables fast deployment by daisy-chaining multiple cable segments. HXB15 connectors also enable transfer of electrical signal or power using hybrid insert configuration.
- Advanced expanded beam technology
- Rugged field deployable fiber optic connector
- Hermaphroditic interconnection
- 2 to 6 Optical Channels for Single or Multi-mode
- Optical / electric hybrid configurable
- Custom configuration available
- Environmental sealing (IPX8)
- Very high resistance to vibration, shock, environmental effects, dust, and debris